Thursday, April 29, 2010

Bye Bye Satellite Dish

Today I finally got around to climbing up on the roof and removing our DirecTV satellite dish. We ditched DirecTV for cable over a year and a half ago, so I'd say it was about time. While up there I noticed one of our concrete shingles had slid down a bit exposing some wood, so I fixed that up. Also fixed a couple of outdoor faucets (which are called hose bibs, by the way... who came up with that one?), one that had a broken knob and one that was leaking. Oh, and built a box-like contraption to put over the water pipe with faucet that leads into the house, just so it could be a bit more protected from the elements (specifically that blazing Redding sun). I put it together using spare wood and old nails I had lying around, so it didn't cost me anything but time.

No comments:

Post a Comment