Monday, June 7, 2010

Going to Crackmaster, New Networked Media Player, New Shower Cady, and a Fresh Whiteboard

Took my wife's vehicle to a place called Crackmaster to get a nick in the windshield repaired. It's owned and operated by Jeff Wurst, who turned out to be a very nice guy. He told me what he was going to do and the potential outcomes, and made sure I knew that the repair was guaranteed for life, no charge. Before he got started, he told me to make myself at home, showed me where the TV was, and the fridge, saying I could grab whatever I wanted, and then got to work. I started reading Ray's book, Shackled, while I waited, but it only took like 30 minutes so I didn't get very far. When he was finished I couldn't even tell where the nick had been. So to anyone in the Redding area who needs their windshield repaired, this is the guy to go to!

Frustrated with the lack of updates and missing features with the Egreat EG-M34A Networked Media Tank, I decided to look around and see if something better had been release. The most popular one out there, the Western Digital, still doesn't see to have full DVD playback, but I did find another called the Brite-View BV-5005HD which looks like it has all the features I'm after. I placed my order so hopefully by this time next week I'll have a networked media player that supports full DVD playback and vobsub subtitles in MKV files.

Put up the 3M Command Large Shower Caddy in our shower, and without even showering with it yet I already love it. It holds a bunch of small and medium sized items without them falling out, which is one of the main problems with the current caddy that's draped over the shower faucet.white wired. So hopefully it works just as good when we're actually in the shower.

Finally got around to cleaning our white dry-erase board. Those things really don't erase all that well! The eraser got some of the stuff we wrote, but none of the blue smear that was all over the board. Windex helped a bit, but to really get it clean I had to go with baking soda and a lot of scrubbing. But, it's finally clean! And I put away the dry erase marker to try out these wet erase markers, which are supposedly easier to erase. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment