Friday, April 21, 2017

Busted Toilet Seat Hinges

The hinges for the toilet seat in the master bathroom broke yesterday. I kinda knew it was coming since the same thing had happened on the other toilet seat last year. They were plastic hinges, and as far as I know they've been there since the house was built. I went to Ace Hardware to pick up a metal hinge replacement kit, the same one I got last time when I fixed the other toilet, but I discovered that they no longer carry it. Instead all they had was a cheap bright-white plastic one. Our toilet is more beige than white and I didn't think it would have looked right, so I passed on it until I could look around a bit more. Apparently that was a good decision because when I got back home I found that I couldn't remove one of the hinges from the toilet seat due to the screws being old and rusted. All the screwdriver did is make a hole in the screw, so it seems like I'll just have to buy a whole new toilet lid and seat.

No comments:

Post a Comment