Thursday, June 22, 2017

Crimping Cable: Charter Select

Our cable bill went up a couple weeks ago and when I had called to get it reduced like I do every 6 to 12 months, the lady on the phone said there were no better rates. Thus, I spent the last couple weeks (minus the time we were in L.A.) looking into streaming options in preparation for canceling the cable portion of our Charter service. This morning I called to cut the cord and was surprised when the guy on the phone presented a new offer: local network stations plus 10 cable channels of our choosing plus a free year of HBO or Showtime, all for just $11 more than our Internet bill... plus tax of course. That caught me off guard, but since it was about what we would have been paying if we subscribed to Netflix I said lets do it. When Treese got home we picked out our channels, then I called them back up and got it finalized.

No comments:

Post a Comment