Friday, July 7, 2017

New Mouse! No more scroll wheel woes

My new USB mouse arrived in the mail today. It's a really cheap LIIR GM02 gaming mouse with adjustable DPI that I bought on Amazon and so far it's working fine. My other one was also a cheapy I bought off Amazon, an Azio GM2400 gaming mouse, and it lasted about a year before the scroll wheel started going wonky. When I would use the wheel to scroll down it would scroll down but then scroll up a little, and when I would scroll up it would scroll up and then scroll down a little. This started several months ago and has been getting worse and worse over time, until finally it became so bad that the wheel was almost unusable. I would try to use it to scroll down a page and with each notch of the wheel it would scroll down then up so much that I would be about in the same spot in the page as before I started scrolling. Hopefully this new mouse will last a full year before it needs replacing. I wouldn't mind spending a little extra on a mouse if I knew the scroll wheel would last, but that's the problem, I just don't know and I don't want to drop a lot of money on a mouse that I'll need to replace in a few years. This mouse was under $6 so if it dies in a year I won't really care.

No comments:

Post a Comment