Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Kmart's Free Shipping Con

I had a bunch of Shop Your Way points I needed to spend at either Kmart or Sears so I went online and browsed their inventory. I came across a collapsible storage ottoman which looked neat, had dual functionality, and was the right price to be able to use my Shop Your Way surprise points in addition to my regular points. Plus, it qualified for the free shipping on orders over $30 that Kmart was running, so I wouldn't even have to go pick it up. But then when I went to my shopping cart to check out, I saw that the $30 minimum changed to a $49 minimum! I confirmed this on the checkout page when it was trying to charge me for shipping. So what kind of free-shipping con is Kmart running here?

Oh, and by the way, those points I needed to spend were not the $100 worth of points I won in a Shop Your Way sweepstakes on February 9th. Nope, I still haven't received those points yet even though the email said "Please allow 4-6 weeks for most prices to arrive" and it's actually been over six months. I've contacted Shop Your Way member services about this at least twice and never received a response. I just checked the page for that sweepstakes and it still says "Status: Winner Pending".

No comments:

Post a Comment