Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year's Eve With Friends

This New Years Eve was a blast. We spent it in the company of our friends, Ray & Dawn, watching movies, devouring a delicious dinner of pile-taco-ingredients-on-your-plate. I'm not sure how Mexican places do it, as whenever I try to make my own taco or burrito or enchilada it always just turns into a big pile of generic Mexican food. I'm sure it's my fault for overloading the tortilla, but in my defense they really don't list weight load limits on the packaging.

We were going to bring shredded cheese with us, but it went moldy a day or two before and then we completely forgot to pick some more up before went over there. But at least we remembered to bring a couple other things that we'd forgotten the last couple times we went over.

It snowed for the first time this winter, with huge flakes easily visible against the dark night. It looked enchanting covering everything in sight, except the roads, which was awesome because we still had to drive home later.

We ended up watching This World, Then the Fireworks and The Big Lebowski, and of course Dick Clark's Rockin New Year's Eve 2011. He sounded much better this year.

I really liked this New Years Eve. There was no drinking like several years ago, and we didn't just stay home like last year. At least, I think that's what we did last year. Actually... I don't remember. But this year we sat with friend and watched movies, one of my favorite past times.

No comments:

Post a Comment