Monday, January 2, 2012

Passing Out

I went to the Blood Center to donate platelets today, and afterward in the snack area I felt lightheaded and passed out. I didn't even realize it, I was just sitting there at one of the tables and closed my eyes and next thing I know one I hear one of the ladies keep telling me to open my eyes, and when I did I saw that she was dabbing my face all over with a soaking wet paper towel. That was quite a surprise. I started feeling better laying one of their bed chairs, but every time I tried to sit up I started feeling bad again and apparently I would lose all color, so eventually they had to call an ambulance to get an IV in me. By the time we reached the ER, the IV bag was empty and the ER folks didn't hook up a new one, but I still had to wait there for hours for them to run tests and then have a doc clear me to go home. What a drag.

No comments:

Post a Comment