Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Windows Reinstall

The screen back plate for my laptop arrived last Wednesday so I was finally able to get that put back together. I then started preparing to do a fresh Windows reinstall on my main PC because it has been acting up lately. First I had to figure out how to get all of my different development environments set up on my laptop like they were set up on my PC so that after the reinstall I would know how to do it, and in case something went very wrong with my PC I would still have my development environments set up and available. Certain programs had to be installed in a certain order with specific SDK versions and environment variables had to be set and updated at specific points. It was a huge pain but I got it done and documented the entire process so I could replicate it once I finished reinstalling Windows. The Windows reinstall took quite a while with all the backing up and install and updates and reinstalling all my programs, but it went pretty smooth and my PC is up and running again and seems to be working well.

No comments:

Post a Comment