Monday, September 6, 2010

Visiting Lita

We went over to visit Lita, a friend of my wife. I installed some stuff on her computer and tried to get some pictures off an old computer to put them on the new one, but no matter what I tried it just wasn't happening. It was too old of hard drive with the wrong type of connections to just put in the new computer, and the device I have that is supposed to bridge that gap allowed the computer to recognize the drive but kept saying it needed to be formatted, which was out of the question. The computer that the drive was originally in wouldn't boot at all, just kept beeping with no video output. And moving it to another computer she had didn't work as it would constantly reset half way through booting Windows. So I had to bring the old hard drive back to the house and put it in one of my computers as a secondary drive, and that let me get everything off it that she wanted.

I beat Half Life 2: Episode 1 this evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment