Saturday, November 13, 2010

Return of the Microwave & Viewing Skyline

Our broken microwave was mysteriously returned sometime during the night, as this morning I awoke to find it had been dumped on our front lawn. I had put it out on the curb, so I can understand somebody taking it even though I didn't put any sign on it that said "free", but dumping it back on our lawn? What a jerk move.

We went to see Skyline this afternoon. I'm glad we did because I love going to the movies with my wife, especially to see sci-fi ones. I just wish it hadn't sucked so bad. I truly don't understand how that script made it into production. Most of those stupid low budget poorly-acted original movies made for the SyFy channel have better stories.

Skyline is about an alien invasion, but the first 15 minutes is all about friends hanging out at a party doing nothing. That part kinda reminded me of Cloverfield. Let's get on with it already! Then most of the rest of the film takes place inside an apartment. There is a short little action scene where they decided to try to leave the apartment building, but that doesn't work so well, so they continue to stay inside the apartment. We see the alien invasion only from the perspective of this one little group of people who have nothing to do with affecting it's outcome. Independence Day wasn't the greatest flick in the world, but at least in that we got to see the invasion from various perspectives by people who actually made some kind of difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment