Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Oil Change & TiVo Glitch

Since I did my oil change yesterday, today I took Treese's car in. Doing them around the same time just makes it easier to remember when they both need to be done. On the way home I stopped by the eyeglass place to pick out some glasses. I don't really need a new pair, but insurance pays for them once every couple years so might as well take advantage of it. There were only a couple frames that insurance would cover completely, so I just went with the same style of frames I currently have. We had a weird TiVo glitch happen this evening. While watching a prerecorded show, all of a sudden the screen went black for a few seconds, then a video feed from the Redding channel came through for a couple seconds, and finally the video feed switched back to live TV of whatever channel the TiVo was currently on. It freaked us out the first time it happened, and yes, I said first time. Because it continued to happen all night. Eventually I noticed a pattern, that it was happening every hour at four minutes past the hour. Some testing revealed that the Redding channel video feed was coming through on both tuners, it would show up when I had live TV on and when I then when I pushed play on the program being recorded on the other tuner I saw that it had recorded one second of the Redding video feed at four minutes in. Talk about weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment