Monday, November 28, 2011

Thanksgiving

On Wednesday we headed off to Vallejo to visit family for Thanksgiving which was being hosted at my Mom's house. The next morning we headed to Sacramento to pick up my mother-in-law so she could take place in the celebration, and what a trip that turned out to be! The traffic was terrible so it took us a few hours to get there. Once there we used the computer to plot a course back that avoided as many of the accidents as possible, and that worked pretty well. There was hardly any traffic when we took her back to Sacramento late that night. We tried to fill up the tank at Safeway before heading back to Vallejo, but there were padlocks on all of the hoses. On Friday we didn't to much but hang around the house. We took a look at my Mom's record player to find out why the volume was so low, and a little research online told us that it needed a pre-amplifier, so we ordered one of those. Later that night my Mom taught me how to play cribbage. On Saturday I visited both of my grandparents with my Dad. This was also American Express' Small Business Saturday so we all went out and took advantage of that. We headed home after breakfast on Sunday. It was a nice trip. Today I hooked up the subwoofer that I got from Grant, and wow does it make a difference!

No comments:

Post a Comment