Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Juror No. 9

The jury selection process continued today. For the past two days juror after juror kept getting dismissed, and that trend continued today so it didn't take long before I found myself sitting in the jury box, even before our first break. Getting dismissed by either the defense attorney or the prosecutor would have been quite simple, but I decided to not do that as I found myself curious about participating in the whole trial process. It's scheduled to take place only three days a week and I'm at the tail end of a project so it wouldn't interfere too much with my work. By the 3PM I was sworn in as a juror along with the 11 others in the jury box. We then took a short break, after which four alternates were chosen. By the end of the day, of the 150 people we originally started with 3 days ago only two remained. Next week the trial begins and although I'm not sure what to expect I am confident it will be an interesting experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment