Friday, March 3, 2017

Jury Duty

I had jury duty yesterday, and it was the first time in quite a while I had to get up at 7AM. Ugh! That's not easy when you're used to going to bed at 3AM. There was a long line leading into the courthouse as people went through the security check, and it was pretty cold outside which made it that much more fun. If you've ever been to jury duty then you know there is a lot of waiting involved so I practiced my Duolingo for a bit then read a novella called The Last Days of Seabreeze by Ray Garton. I got through pretty much the whole thing while I was there, only needing to finish the last couple pages at home, and I really enjoyed it. Very creepy! I was disappointed when it was over because I wanted more.

Jury duty lasted until 4:30PM with one lunch break and one 10 minute break. Unfortunately they didn't finish the jury selection process so I'll have to go back next week. The case is about a dude who was allegedly speeding and crashed into someone, killing them. I wouldn't mind hearing more details, but there's still of ton of people up for jury selection so odds are I won't be one of the choose few.

No comments:

Post a Comment