Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Cleaned a Remote, Got a 9 Volt, and Glued a Seam

Spent several hours cleaning one of our MX-500 universal remote controls, though it was completely unintentional. I mean, I meant to clean it, but didn't figure on it taking so long. Ended up taking the entire thing apart and scraping off years of caked on dirt. Definitely nasty! And now I know I need to do the other ones as well, but it takes so long that I'm hesitant to get started....

Picked up a 9 volt battery for our sprinkler control box while I was out picking up a few grocery items, so now when the power goes out or I have to unplug the thing I won't have to re-enter everything. Doing so probably wouldn't be so bad if there were a full keypad, but entering all those dates and times and zones using four buttons?!

A seam in my leather chair had been separating for a while. I tried to so it up a while back, but couldn't find the right type of needle and so didn't get very far with that. Instead I used some safety pins to hold it together, but recently I noticed it started getting worse, so tonight I tried using that Sticky Ass glue. Guess I'll find out tomorrow night if it's going to work or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment