Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Sticky Ass Glue, Patch Painting, and Picked up a BBQ Grill

I'm really liking this Sticky Ass Glue I got from Amazon. So far, it's held together everything I've thrown at it. Today I used it to fix our pizza slicer that broke when it was accidentally put into the dish washer, where the heat slightly cracked the wooden handle and loosened the plastic piece that the handle fits into so that the two separated. To get the pieces back together, I had to put the wooden handle in boiling water so it would expand, then dried it off, added some glue, and shoved the two together. So now I'm looking forward to making a pizza so I can try it out.

Decided to do some touch up painting around the house with paint that has been out in the shed ever since we moved in. The lid was all rusted, and the paint inside was liquid on top and solid on the bottom. I tried to mix it up as best I could, but there was just no way it was going to become anything but a chunky mess. Still, it worked fine for just doing little touch-ups all over the place.

Finally got a full sized charcoal BBQ grill off craigslist, and it was free! Haven't tried it out yet but looks to be in pretty good shape. So now we have to make a pizza AND have a BBQ!

No comments:

Post a Comment