Thursday, July 14, 2011

Returning Home

We had all worked hard all week getting the house cleaned up nice and we made a lot of progress. We didn't do too much work this morning, though, as we'd be heading to Redding before too long. Before we left, I took the RAM out of Julia & Ryans green laptop, which appeared to have some kind of hard drive failure and wouldn't work, and put it in Julia's other laptop that she's had for a while, so now she has 2 GB instead of 768 MB. Then we got everything packed up and headed off a little after one. We got gas at Safeway then hit the freeway around 1:30pm. We did one rest stop, and then continued on until we hit Redding and stopped at Safeway so Julia could get some chips and stuff. Back at the house, it was good to see Treese again. We BBQed polish sausages, tofurkey sausages, vegetables, and corn on the cob. The flies were out in force so I hooked up the bug zapper but I have no idea if it did anything. Didn't really seem like it. I heard no zapping sound and the flies were still everywhere. After dinner, Julia and Ryan took Annie (their dog) for a walk so that gave me time to catch up with Treese. She told me that one of her friends bought her a plane ticket to MIssouri, so tomorrow after work we are driving down to the Sacramento airport and then I'll be picking her up Sunday evening. Oh, and when I tried to get on my computer, the screen wouldn't come on, so I had to power down and when I powered up it couldn't recognize the hard drive! It totally crashed, bombed, died! So I had to switch computers. That was fun, working all night trying to get that set up.

No comments:

Post a Comment