Monday, October 11, 2010

The Shakespeare Festival

Had a little adventure this past weekend. My parents came up Friday afternoon, then on Saturday we drove up to Ashland, Oregon for the Shakespeare Festival. The play we saw on Saturday night was Henry IV, and man was that thing long. Like three hours, they even had an intermission. We all had a hard time hearing and understanding most of the performers, only the guys who played Prince Henry and Sir John Falstaff were easy to follow. I really liked their scenes together.

On Sunday we went to see Throne of Blood, which I think we all agreed was also pretty dull. It's not that it was bad or anything, just not a whole lot happening on stage to keep me engaged. A little action, very little humor, and the rest was just talking, or even not talking, where absolutely nothing was happening.

Still, I haven't given up on plays yet. I think a comedy one would be fun, or something with a lot of action.

No comments:

Post a Comment