Thursday, October 21, 2010

Sprinkler Fix, Redo

I awoke to an email from my wife saying that some very forceful water in the face woke her up this morning, and that I needed to check the sprinkler. Upon inspection, I found that the groves in the base of the sprinkler which hold it in place as it rotates were worn down near the top. So I had no choice but to find someway to unscrew the old sprinkler base and put in the new one. A tip for anyone else out there facing the same problem: use two wrenches to grip the top of sprinkler on opposite sides, crisscrossing in the middle, then twist.

Also found that the irrigation line was seriously leaking in one spot as I could see pools forming in a section of river rock, so I raked out all the rock onto the patio, peeled back the plastic, and pulled up the line. There was about a foot and a half section that was brittle and cracked with holes in several spots. A quick trip to Lowe's and I was able to patch it right up with no problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment