Saturday, October 29, 2011

Anniversary Party!

Today was our 10th anniversary party! I think it went really well. My Dad and I cleaned up more throughout the morning, and one of Treese's friends dropped off the cake, which had a three dimensional skull on top covered in powered sugar I believe, and then three dimensional eyeballs scattered around. It looked really cool. Slowly people started to arrive, first Treese's brother and his family, and her mom who came up with them, then my mom, and friends showed up after that. After I got back from an errand I went to change into my costume, which I hadn't really decided on yet, so figured I'd just wear what I wore last year. But when I put it on, it was SOOO hot, so I took it off and tried on other costumes. I couldn't find one that would actually keep me cool, so eventually I just put on something and went out. A couple hours later, I had to take it off. It was a beautiful day outside, and it just wasn't the kind of weather for a black, full-body costume. I exchanged it for some shorts and a t-shirt, which felt wonderful. I conversed more than I usually do, and stayed outside the whole time instead of heading inside to watch television. Strange thing is, I never even had the desire to go in. It felt good being out there and part of the conversations.

No comments:

Post a Comment