Friday, October 7, 2011

A Day of Computers

One of Treese's friends dropped by with a couple computers, one Dell and one Gateway, plus a flatscreen monitor and backlit keyboard. Apparently the Dell stopped working and wouldn't boot up or something, and the Gateway was just an old computer. Anyway, she wanted me to get all the images and a few documents off both computers for her, so I did. I didn't even bother plugging the computers in to do that, I just opened them up and connected the hard drives to my IDE/SATA-to-USB device and extracted all the files onto my laptop. And since my laptop doesn't have a DVD burner, I transferred them over a computer that did so I could burn everything to a disc. Later on I took both PCs outside and blew out all the dust, which was a significant amount. There were some dust bunnies so thick that they refused to leave so I had to pick those out by hand. I don't think those machines had been cleaned since she got them.

No comments:

Post a Comment