Saturday, May 8, 2010

Hell Holes & Yard Sale

Visited my friend the chiropractor this morning and he put me all back into place. Then my wife and I went to a yard sale and a few thrift store type places looking for some super cheap furniture that might look good in our place, as well as a few other odds and ends, but didn't find anything of use. It was a nice change of pace from just staying at home though. And definitely better than what I continued doing when we got back to the house....

For the past couple days I've been digging holes in my backyard, trying to follow the PVC pipe to the 3 sprinkler control valves, but so far no luck. I try to pick spots that aren't covered by grass, but looks like to continue I'm not going to have to have much choice in the matter. And seems like no matter where I dig, there are always rocks hidden just beneath the surface, which makes digging extremely difficult. A friend lent me hi pick and hoe which definitely helps, but still, my hands are sore, I've got blisters, my face is broken out, and I'm covered with bug bits, so yeah, I'm pretty sick of this and am still no closer to finding those damn valves.

On a plus side, my friend had a yard sale today and sold a whole box full of DVDs (close to 100 of them) that I wanted to get rid of. So I made $139 and got rid of a box of DVDs that was doing nothing more but taking up shelf space.

No comments:

Post a Comment