Tuesday, May 25, 2010

New Wire, New Conduit, New Rain

Picked up some new wire at Lowe's for the sprinkler system and went out to start prepping the area for installation when I realized that the spare PVC I had laying around wasn't going to be long enough to contain the entire wire segment, so headed back out to Lowe's to pick up a 10 foot PVC conduit. It was surprisingly cheap, just under a dollar, so basically all of this hardache for the past week could have been avoided if the people who installed this sprinkler system would have spent an extra $5 to enclose their buried wires in PVC conduit. Anyway, I started digging out a more of a straight line area to lay the conduit so I wouldn't have to bend the thing too much, but then a seriously dark cloud appeared and rain started pouring so I had to give up for the day. Forecast says the rain won't let up until Friday, but maybe I'll get lucky and I'll get a little nice weather to finish it tomorrow.

We watched the final episode of Lost tonight, and even though I enjoyed it, I was very disappointed that it left so many mysteries left unanswered.

No comments:

Post a Comment