Sunday, May 16, 2010

Raising the Headboard & Relocating the Internet Hub

Yesterday I got the giant headboard/dresser combo thing set up, and as we expected the piece that actually goes behind the bed wasn't quite tall enough due to us having basically two mattresses on top of a box spring on top of a metal frame. So today I grabbed a couple cinder blocks which I just happened to have for some reason (really not sure where they came from), and put it under the headboard... and it fit perfect! Sure would be nice if all fixes were that easy.

Later in the evening my wife went out to dinner and a movie with one of her friends. To my wife's disappointment, her friend wanted to see Alice in Wonderland. So while they were out, I used the time to relocated the modem and router into the hall closet. Doing so was not quite as simple as it sounds, as we have a signal enhancer on the line so by moving that I also had to go outside to the main junction box, find the cable that was now attached to, and swap it into the correct position in the splitter... in the dark. But now it's done so that big mess of wires is now hidden away from view.

No comments:

Post a Comment