Monday, May 17, 2010

Oil Change & Clean Sprinkler Valves

Took my wife's vehicle in for an oil change this morning. They recommended a tire rotation, though they were unaware that we had four new tires put on back on January 18th. And if I remember correctly we get free tire rotations at America's Tire, whereas Toyota wanted to charge like $11 or something. Anyway, America's Tire should automatically send us a reminder e-mail when it's time, so I didn't worry about it.

Took apart and cleaned the three sprinkler control valves, then put them all back together and... no difference. I can turn the little black knob to manually get them going, but when I turn the knob off they just keep on going. I wasn't able to do a good flush of the pipes while I had valves disassembled because the ditch that they're in would just fill with water mixing up all the surrounding dirt. Maybe tomorrow I'll try putting plastic down, cut out a few holes for the valves to slip through, and try it again. Really running out of ideas here.

No comments:

Post a Comment